Company: Shirley's House of Hope
Location: Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Location: Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #65
It is with great pleasure that we announce our partnership with Shirley’s House of Hope (SHOH) in Marshfield, Wisconsin in the search for its next Executive Director (ED). This is an exciting opportunity to lead a well-established women’s shelter whose vision and mission are rooted in the life-changing power of Jesus Christ serving women and children at a pivotal point in their lives. SHOH has a rich heritage of providing a safe place for women and children experiencing a domestic abuse and alcohol/drug addiction crisis where they can Rebuild, Renew and Restore their lives.
The Executive Director will have a deep, abiding personal faith in Jesus Christ, be thoroughly committed to Shirley’s House’s mission and passionate about helping people. All candidates will have proven leadership, organization management and relationship management experience. The successful candidate will provide strong leadership to lead the organization forward, growing it in terms of impact and financial resources, while possessing the ability to relate to and develop relationships with staff, the board, individuals and families served, and a diverse group of other stakeholders and partners.
Essential functions and duties of the Executive Director will include but not be limited to the following:
- Facilitating the implementation of the current vision and strategic plan initiatives by developing short and long-term goals.
- Champion excellence and the attainment of goals/outcomes in all ministry departments.
- Provide direct supervision and management of the Program Director, Recovery Center Manager and Director of Development.
- In conjunction with the Program Director, the Executive Director will evaluate, modify and enhance programs and services that provide the best possible care for clients while striving toward organizational excellence.
- Define and develop a measurement program to capture and report outcomes with supporting data.
- Ensure staffing reflects the ministry’s needs to include hiring, supervision, conflict resolution, disciplinary action, staff development and annual performance reviews.
- Develop and maintain an effective volunteer recruitment, training and placement program.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to develop and implement comprehensive, sustainable development plan to ensure financial resources are available to support the ministry.
- Ensure all public relations, media and social media plan and activities are effective and reflect Shirley’s House’s mission.
- Be the “face” of Shirley’s House, interfacing with city, state, and national representatives and organizations to increase awareness.
- Attend all board meetings and report on the ministry as directed.
In doing so, the new Executive Director will possess the following attributes and values:
- Provide godly leadership at all times, conducting themselves in ways that reflect their personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a call to ministry.
- Provide clear Biblical testimony of a personal experience of His presence in daily living.
- Be devoid of prejudices and be open to serving the addicted and abused with dignity and respect.
- Be optimistic and motivated by the belief in the potential and eternal value of each person.
- Be in regular fellowship with a local Christian church that believes that all Scripture is God breathed.
- Subscribe to the Statement of Beliefs and By-laws of Shirley’s House of Hope.
- Demonstrate a courteous and Christ-like manner with guests, volunteers, co-workers, donors and community partners.
Further, the ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in ministry, social services or related field preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years of managerial experience or equivalent.
- Possess a basic understanding of the needs and methods of resolving chemical dependencies and domestic violence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Maintain a flexible, cooperative spirit to address the unpredictable situations and requests as they arise.
In short, this is a unique opportunity for the right individual with the leadership, vision, managerial skills, and personal passion to help those in need. The new Executive Director will provide the day-to-day guidance and direction to ensure its staff and volunteers are inspired, motivated, and empowered to achieve the goals and objectives of Shirley’s House. While providing clear direction for the organization, this individual will bring a fresh, creative view to Shirley’s enabling the ministry to grow and effectively expand and enhance its services to the community. For more on the role and the ministry, please see our full Opportunity Profile Here.