Company: Safe Kids Worldwide
Location: Washington, DC
This is a unique opportunity to lead Safe Kids Worldwide, a global non-profit organization focused on reducing unintentional injuries that claim the lives of almost 1 million children annually. Safe Kids seeks a President who will provide dynamic, visionary leadership and guide the organization as it expands in reach and impact.
Since its founding in 1988, Safe Kids has been working with families and communities to keep children safe from injury. Today, Safe Kids operates as a 501c3 subsidiary of the Children’s National Health System in Washington, DC, developing and leading awareness and education initiatives and a broad range of programs focused on reducing children and youth injuries from traffic accidents, drownings, falls, burns, poisoning and more. This work is carried out through an extensive network of over 400 coalitions in the US and partners in 30 countries led by dedicated volunteers and employees working in hospitals, police and fire departments, public health departments and other community organizations. Their success, in part, is attributable to long-term sponsor partnerships with leading global companies to include Johnson & Johnson, General Motors, Proctor & Gamble, FedEx and many others and collaboration with local, state and federal government agencies as well the World Health Organization and the United Nations.
The new President will be a strong communicator and dynamic leader with discernable, proven experience in leading organizations with similar missional alignment. He/She will be an innovator with the ability to define, implement and execute strategic vision and initiatives to build and expand the organization. Further, the new President will possess the following:
- Be an effective administrator and manager with the business acumen to effectively guide the organization to meet financial and operational expectations
- Be an effective fundraiser who has the strategic vision and a strong track record in building a diversified, sustainable funding base of corporate, individual and government donors
- Be attuned to the culturally diverse nature of SKW and have successful experience in establishing and developing productive relationships across a wide range of partners, stakeholders and constituencies
- Possess the talent and skills to be an effective advocate and spokesperson, developing and maintaining relationships with media to advance the mission
- University degree in Business, Medicine, Social Science, Philanthropy or related field required with Masters or advanced degree highly preferred.
In short, the new President will be a talented manager and leader whose approach is strategic, collaborative, and characterized by the ability to inspire, motivate, and empower others to achieve the goals of Safe Kids Worldwide.—
View the Opportunity Profile to see a detailed profile of this position.