Manager of Search Operations
Company: DB&A Executive Search & Recruitment
Location: Asheville, NC
We are pleased to announce an internal opening within DB&A Executive Search and Recruitment (DB&A) for a full time Manager of Search Operations. This is an excellent opportunity for an appropriately skilled candidate to serve as an integral member of our growing team and practice.
Core functions and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Marketing of new searches and candidate sourcing. Previous experience as a sourcing specialist is not required; however, demonstrated comfort level maximizing social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and other web-based networks is a must
- Client and candidate communications: written and verbal (phone/Zoom)
- Candidate background research, resume evaluation, and reference verification/checking
- Regular communication and collaborative problem-solving with consulting team members
- Administration of our applicant tracking system (ATS) Bullhorn. Previous experience with Bullhorn is not a prerequisite, but experience working in ATS or CRM systems and a high comfort level therewith are necessary
- Oversight and management of our data-systems
- Adding value to certain key steps of our search and recruitment process, including marketing and sourcing
- Some copy-editing
This position will be based in Asheville, NC out of the DickersonBakker corporate offices, our sister firm. Critical qualities for a successful candidate would include:
- Strong cultural alignment with our non-profit and faith-based clients.
- Intrinsically motivated and creative problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal; professional presence
- Highly organized; able to multi-task
- Excellent administrative skills and detail-orientation
- Marketing and communications savvy
- Tech native; experience in managing a CRM, ATS, or other workflow and data-base systems,
- An excitement for those we serve, as well as what we do and why we do it
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of substantial work experience, preferably with success in like or correlated roles; at least three years of progressive experience in one position
- A servant heart, a flexible mindset, and a sense of humor!
Competitive full time salary plus benefits.
Organizational Background and Context
DB&A Executive Search and Recruitment serves the non-profit and ministry community in the areas of retained executive search and recruitment, as well as strategy consulting and coaching. Our clients are primarily faith-based non-profits and Christian ministries, and our own personal callings drive every member of our team to serve with excellence those who are meeting critical needs both at home and around the world.
Our firm is closely related to our sister firm, DickersonBakker – sharing certain resources and a common history - while remaining separate entities. At DB&A, we trace our roots back to 35+ years of development and fundraising consulting. Most if not all our consultants come from positions of non-profit and ministry leadership themselves, and we are each driven by our values, skills and experience to advance the missions of our partners.
Though emanating from the DickersonBakker consulting heritage, which remains largely fundraising and development focused, DB&A Executive Search and Recruitment is a full-service retained search firm specializing in recruiting top talent for our world-class partners across all areas of non-profit leadership, including senior executives and all C-suite positions, as well as Vice President and Director-level recruitments. Roughly 45% of our searches remain in the development and fundraising space while the majority of our searches cover the full range of other non-profit and ministry functions.
As our team has grown and we establish new offices in key markets, we are seeking a Manager of Search Operations (MSO). The MSO will serve our team of regionally dispersed consultants through a variety of critical back-office and client-communication responsibilities. Our ideal candidate will align with the values of our clients while being gifted in administration and communications.